Get the GP-10 to respond to MIDI CC messages?

Started by carlb, May 13, 2017, 11:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlb

I'm not seeing anything in the GP-10 manual or Parameters guide about setting up the GP-10 to respond to MIDI CC messages, and mapping those to the actions needed.

I'm guessing that to get the GP-10 to respond to a MIDI CC message, you have to setup an Assign within any given patch to do so.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to do that? Searched the whole forum, but didn't find anything for "MIDI CC Assigns" or other searches I could come up with.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

gumtown

Yes, under each "Assign" source control, you can select a cc# number to match your controller.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Yohanes

Quote from: carlb on May 13, 2017, 11:31:36 PM
I'm guessing that to get the GP-10 to respond to a MIDI CC message, you have to setup an Assign within any given patch to do so.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to do that? Searched the whole forum, but didn't find anything for "MIDI CC Assigns" or other searches I could come up with.

You are correct, below is an example how to control pitch bend from MIDI:

Create an 'assign' in Boss GP-10 as follow:
Assign1             : On
Target Category: FXP.BND (FX: Pedal Bend)
Target               : POSITION
Target Min        : 0
Target Max       : 100
Source             : CC#20
Src Mode         : MOMENTARY
S.RangeMin     : 0
S.RangeMax     : 127

You are free to choose MIDI CC number as the SOURCE, depend on your MIDI controller.
Hope this help.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

alexmcginness

What Id like to be able to do is be able to control the GP 10 with a midi foot switch. Yup you can do that with the MIDOX boxes but at the same time I wanna be able to have tone studio running so I can use it to make on the fly tweaks to my patches without having to bend over and click thru menus.
  Basically a VG-99 type of thing where the adjustments are waist high and the pedal to change patches is on the floor.
  So some type of merge function is what Im looking for.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Yohanes

GP-10 USB port is the only gateway for MIDI and BTS, so have to choose one or the other.

There is a device for computer called: USB switch sharing (two USB hosts share a single USB peripheral), but I never test it with GP-10, so not sure if it will work for your intended application.
Check this link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Brand-USB-2-0-Hub-Auto-Sharing-Switch-2-Ports-for-Computer-PC-Printer/32652423896.html?

It's only a few dollar, so maybe worth to try?
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50