DIY - fix MOTU 828 MKII Input Trim pots

Started by Elantric, March 06, 2017, 12:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

admin

https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/document.2004-10-14.7968752604
Using the 828mkII & 896HD as standalone converters
Using the Firewire Cuemix Console, you can set the 828mkII or 896HD to be a standalone format converter.

The 828mkII and 896HD can pass through D/A or A/D audio even in standalone mode. Using the Firewire Cuemix Console, you can set up your 4 stereo busses to accommodate your conversion (the 828mkII can set up using the front panel's knobs as well).

For Digital to Analog, use Firewire Cuemix Console to:

Set Bus 1 to output to Analog 1-2
Set Bus 2 to output to Analog 3-4
Set Bus 3 to output to Analog 5-6
Set Bus 4 to output to Analog 7-8
On Bus 1, mute all channels except ADAT 1-2 and make sure the faders are up and the channels are hard-panned left and right
On Bus 2, mute all channels except ADAT 3-4 and make sure the faders are up and the channels are hard-panned left and right
On Bus 3, mute all channels except ADAT 5-6 and make sure the faders are up and the channels are hard-panned left and right
On Bus 4, mute all channels except ADAT 7-8 and make sure the faders are up and the channels are hard-panned left and right
This will route every incoming ADAT channel to a discrete analog output.

For Analog to Digital, do the same but switch your outputs to ADAT and activate the analog channels.

fokof

For MOTU hardware troubles , they offer a 90$ flat rate repair program.
I had a problem with a Traveler ( 1st gen ) after the warranty was done  , I sent the unit , they send back a brand new one.

They told me at that time that depending on the problem ,they either repair or just send a new one.

Their service is stellar.

drbill

Yes, I've used the service twice. It's easy & awesome.
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP