SY-300 - Boss FV-50H or FV-50L with SY-300?

Started by melee4life, December 27, 2016, 12:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melee4life

Hey yall,

New to the forum, new to the Sy-300.  Really digging it so far, awesome little box. 

One question about volume pedals, if i were to get a boss fv-50 would I want the high impedance or low (FV-50H or FV-50L)?  I know that with guitar you typically use high impedance volume pedals.  But, keep in mind I'm running the volume pedal after Sy-300 stereo using the sub outputs, D.I. to mixer to p.a. speakers.  I believe the sub outputs send a line level signal, would that mean I need the FV-50L?  Appreciate the help, look forward to checking out the forum!

Brak(E)man

You need the L
If you're not using a expression ped for volume
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

szilard

Quote from: melee4life on December 27, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
New to the forum, new to the Sy-300.  Really digging it so far, awesome little box. 

I like it too.

Quote from: melee4life on December 27, 2016, 12:39:40 AM
One question about volume pedals, if i were to get a boss fv-50 would I want the high impedance or low (FV-50H or FV-50L)?  I know that with guitar you typically use high impedance volume pedals.  But, keep in mind I'm running the volume pedal after Sy-300 stereo using the sub outputs, D.I. to mixer to p.a. speakers.  I believe the sub outputs send a line level signal, would that mean I need the FV-50L?  Appreciate the help, look forward to checking out the forum!

The output is selectable between amp and line level - both main & sub outs are the same level. If you're going line level out into a mixer I agree with the previous posts - FV-50L.

melee4life

Thanks everyone, wasn't sure and needed the confirmation.  Glad it was provided!