PRIMOVA MIDX-20 Dual Roland USB MIDI Converter / Ctrl Interface

Started by CodeSmart, March 05, 2016, 05:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_jan

+ me - PM me on pricing i might have not seen it. Thank you

whippinpost91850

Majiken

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

CodeSmart

I gave two options (one with X and one without) to the pro ad/marketing company with the gel printer. I told them I couldn't decide. I told the guy in charge whatever he decide or adjust its ok with me. So now it's out of my hands and hopefully next week we know the outcome. Thanks guys for your input.
We've spend too many hours on this...

Regarding the enclosures I've just had them repainted with a new 2-component matt white paint.
The enclosures are prepainted in China, cheap but the quality is so and so. But its ok as a primer with some machining.

After the print they be clear coated with a new fast clear coat. Since the gel print is incompatible with solvents, the clear coat need to be 'dusted' onto the surface very carefully for the first layers. The new clear coat type may save some time to my painting friend. So nothing is easy...
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

CodeSmart

Quote from: big_jan on June 02, 2016, 05:02:50 AM
+ me - PM me on pricing i might have not seen it. Thank you
Pricing?
How would I know that until I paid all the guys/companies helping me producing the units?
I need to know all costs first.

CodeSmart

Quote from: hippietim on June 08, 2016, 02:35:11 PM
Option B
Yes it will be some kind of 'B' like print. Unfortunately the gel printer the company use got low on a toner so they have to wait for a new set of 8 colors.

As the printer detects ANYTHING <50% as 'Hey, you have to immediately run out and buy a new toner for mucho dineros, thank you for letting us screw you on half the ink/gel", it was hard to tell which of the 8 toners that went dry...

gumbo

Quote from: CodeSmart on June 11, 2016, 01:43:32 PM
Yes it will be some kind of 'B' like print. Unfortunately the gel printer the company use got low on a toner so they have to wait for a new set of 8 colors.

As the printer detects ANYTHING <50% as 'Hey, you have to immediately run out and buy a new toner for mucho dineros, thank you for letting us screw you on half the ink/gel", it was hard to tell which of the 8 toners that went dry...

Yes...know that one WELL  !!!     :P
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

CodeSmart

Found some time to get most of the guts of the new MIDX-20 ready...
I still need to solder 50 power connectors and mount abt. 200 screws with nut and then test the boards  :P

Also got a few things to do to the firmware. Enclosures are incoming soon, I hope.

For the rest of things I do I have halted in a seasonal break.
The summer is short up here in the north and I have to enjoy the freshness and warmth this beautiful season brings.
You have to have fun and jump with your kids as well!!!  :D

whippinpost91850

Looks Damn Good..... Have fun on your break, enjoy the wife, kids, and weather :)

gumbo

Obviously having waaay too much fun...

...get back down in that basement before you get sunburnt... >:(

gumtown

The shortest day of the year here today, less than 9 hours of light.

That is a lot of soldering, hope you are not breathing it all in..
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

alexmcginness

Please dont forget to put my name on the list to get one. Thankyou.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

CodeSmart

Just got the enclosures back from painting guy. He did a really nice work.
I just HAD to assemble a unit to see what it looked like ;D

whippinpost91850

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

chrish

Quote from: CodeSmart on June 23, 2016, 10:53:09 AM
Just got the enclosures back from painting guy. He did a really nice work.
I just HAD to assemble a unit to see what it looked like ;D

That does look nice. Have all the units been pre sold or is the order list still open? Time to send an email?

Majiken

Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

CodeSmart

Quote from: chrish on June 23, 2016, 02:11:34 PM
That does look nice. Have all the units been pre sold or is the order list still open? Time to send an email?

I have a long list for MIDX-10 and MIDX-20 but in reality only 30-50% follow through.
The sooner you get to the list, the better.

If I manage to sell these and folks are happy I'll build a new batch of either MIDX-10 or MIDX-20.

I still have things to do related to the firmware, boot loader and PC program, and I have to write a manual, build and test all units, packing etc. Also I need to decide a price.
So it will still takes some time before shipping.

Quote from: gumtown on June 20, 2016, 09:19:55 PM
The major bulk of board components are mounted by hand in China, I hope they have sufficient ventilation.

gumbo

Quote from: Majiken on June 23, 2016, 02:25:18 PM
:o ooh, can't stop drooling.... :P

Don't worry..while you're in that pond, nobody will notice....  ;)

vtgearhead

Quote from: gumtown on June 20, 2016, 09:19:55 PM

I've been breathing solder fumes for about 55 years and still have most of my faculties :-).

thebrushwithin

Fantastic! Any idea if a Triple Play could be used with it? 5pin out to synth.

CodeSmart

Quote from: thebrushwithin on June 25, 2016, 04:44:39 PM
Fantastic! Any idea if a Triple Play could be used with it? 5pin out to synth.

Yes, FTP to 5-pin MIDI works according to others.
But now that I have a FTP I will verify it myself.

( . )( . )

So, in this setup, could I use the UMI3 to go to 3 favorite patches dedicated to each button as a patch change at any time?

Also, could I hook up 2 FS7's and have 6 Ctrl change foot switches total (7 - if you count the exp pedal on/off) to be able to utilize more of the 8 controller assignments with dedicated switches? The software only shows 4, and the SW1/2, & expression, so I don't know how this would work. But please tell me it will, because that would be perfect.

CodeSmart

Quote from: Chameleon on June 29, 2016, 05:57:06 AM
Q: So, in this setup, could I use the UMI3 to go to 3 favorite patches dedicated to each button as a patch change at any time?
A: Yes
Q: Also, could I hook up 2 FS7's and have 6 Ctrl change foot switches total (7 - if you count the exp pedal on/off) to be able to utilize more of the 8 controller assignments with dedicated switches?
A: Yes (and it looks you can also add a EV-5 to the UMI3 sending CC#)
Q: The software only shows 4, and the SW1/2, & expression, so I don't know how this would work. But please tell me it will, because that would be perfect.
A: You have to scroll down - There's plenty of CC# to choose from in the list if scrolled down.