GP-10 - any shoegazer postrocker out there?

Started by nervoteso, September 08, 2015, 05:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nervoteso

i would like to have ethereal dreamy patches for covering bands like slowdive, ride, cocteau twins, cure or postrock bands like moving mountains, appleseed cast or mogwai. there is a patch called shoegazer but i mean something more reverb oriented. i need an atmospheric guitar tone (delay + clean amp?) and spacey reverb that usually i get with eventide space or strymon bigsky, but it's impossible using gp10 reverb; maybe easier getting from synth or pad? i've tried something like that in the shimmering patch that some user posted.
as for curesque sound, it should be easier, tons of deleay chorus, flanger and jc120 are enough.

ainsoph

Quote from: nervoteso on September 08, 2015, 05:53:43 AM
i would like to have ethereal dreamy patches for covering bands like slowdive, ride, cocteau twins, cure or postrock bands like moving mountains, appleseed cast or mogwai. there is a patch called shoegazer but i mean something more reverb oriented. i need an atmospheric guitar tone (delay + clean amp?) and spacey reverb that usually i get with eventide space or strymon bigsky, but it's impossible using gp10 reverb; maybe easier getting from synth or pad? i've tried something like that in the shimmering patch that some user posted.
as for curesque sound, it should be easier, tons of deleay chorus, flanger and jc120 are enough.

I made  "shimmering" patch :) , .... can you give link to some video or audio of sound you would like to have ?

mordecai

Edit* Thanks Elantric for correcting me "Yes you can change the order of all GP-10 effects using Boss Tone Studio"

Sorry I don't have a GP-10 but much love for Shoegaze, MBV is missing from your list ;) I've been able to get some really good sounds out of Bias FX and HD 500 for this kind of music but one thing I think the GP10 is lacking is placement of effects. A lot of the good washed out reverb sounds come from putting the reverb BEFORE the amp, it is not standard I know but putting delay and reverb in front of the amp and then some delay after the amp do some very different things. Maybe my memory is wrong and you can change up the order of effects on the GP10 if you can I'd recommend starting there, reverb in front of an AC30 sim. 

nervoteso

Quote from: ainsoph on September 08, 2015, 06:06:00 AM
I made  "shimmering" patch :) , .... can you give link to some video or audio of sound you would like to have ?

Music with much atmosphere but also fuzz and distortion. Ethereal and wall of sound

nervoteso

Quote from: mordecai on September 08, 2015, 07:23:45 AM
Sorry I don't have a GP-10 but much love for Shoegaze, MBV is missing from your list ;) I've been able to get some really good sounds out of Bias FX and HD 500 for this kind of music but one thing I think the GP10 is lacking is placement of effects. A lot of the good washed out reverb sounds come from putting the reverb BEFORE the amp, it is not standard I know but putting delay and reverb in front of the amp and then some delay after the amp do some very different things. Maybe my memory is wrong and you can change up the order of effects on the GP10 if you can I'd recommend starting there, reverb in front of an AC30 sim.

Maybr it's possibke to change order of effect with bosstone soft. Thanks. Even if maybe pnly solition is to ise my soace pedal in the chain

Elantric

Yes you can change the order of all GP-10 effects using Boss Tone Studio

aliensporebomb

Quote from: nervoteso on September 08, 2015, 05:53:43 AM

I had to make my own with the VG-99.  There are a bunch here I've uploaded and I've done probably over 100 just ambient stuff. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.