First outing for the VG-99 - 18th April Brereton club - Rugeley (UK)

Started by Headless68, March 27, 2015, 12:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Wireless my covers band will be playing at  - Brereton Sports & social club on Sat 18th April (Armitage Lane WS15 1 Rugeley)

This will be the first gig for the VG-99 - I have been spending a lot of time pulling patches together (& even more time playing a load of others not used in the covers band :-)  )
anyone in the area welcome to come down

Valve head or Cubes ?  ....not decided yet

Cheers
Phil H68

alexmcginness

Ive been using the 99 live since 2007. Its amazingly versatile. If you need more synth sounds just add a GR-55. With both of those I cant imagine anything thats not possible.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Headless68

The 99 was spot on
I went with two roland cubes in stereo - great sound

Used a version of the 'double 12' patch for cover of Free Falling - that sounded great & could see a couple of confused faces as to where this massive acoustic sound was coming from :-)

Happy happy happy headless

Smash

This patch might work well for Free Falling  - be interested to know how it sounded in a band situation.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7664.0

Headless68