GT-001 - 52 Brand New Bass Patches.

Started by MickTheHat, August 06, 2014, 11:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheHat

Here's a brand new bank of 52 Bass patches I've created for the GT-001 in Boss's Tone Studio 'Liveset' (.tsl) format. When you try them out, please bear a few things in mind. Most importantly, these were all created with an '86 Jazz Bass with custom active P/Us set to 'flat' so, as usual, these may require tweaking for your own particular Bass. Second, the patches are designed for direct input into a DAW, not a Bass amp, and to sit reasonably well within a mix rather than to sound good in isolation. With that in mind, the majority of the patches are fairly 'dry', as I prefer to add FX & ambience either whilst tracking or later, during the mix.

I also frequently use Bass cab IR's for extra oomph and realism - even on patches that may already include a cab simulation! I'm sure most of you probably own simple but effective IR loaders like the excellent little 'keFIR' or Ignite Amps versatile 'naDIR'. If not, I can heartily recommend either of these. In addition to my Bass patches, I've also uploaded a small selection of some of the Bass Cab IR's I like to use on a regular basis.

Please let me know if you experience significant problems with these patches. Since they were created on a GT-001, they should also theoretically work on the GT-100 - let me know if they don't. Any positive feedback - or modified and improved patches - will be much appreciated. Meanwhile, I continue to seek ways to make a Jazz Bass sound like Chris Squire's Rickenbacker or John Entwistle's Alembic!

EWSEWS

most of them not sounding well after tweaking

Oly Spart

Thank you for these patches MickTheHat.

I found 20 of them useful for me. I've test your patches with a Maruszczyk Jazz Bass which have active pickups.

Obviously as starting points, but good starting points. thanks for explaining how you created them and how you use them, so it's easier to create good condition to test them.

I believe that some person think that a patch should fit their specific gear at first time, but you have to know your gear and adapt patches to it for them to sound good.

Thank you again !!!  :)