Boss GP-10 YouTube Videos

Started by Elantric, March 19, 2014, 08:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Boss GP-10 YouTube Videos
Jump to 2:00min - 4:45min region on video below for details on GP-10 and close up of the LCD display

Novinky z n?meckého veletrhu ve Frankfurtu.
V tomto videu: Roland Cube Street EX, Boss GP-10 a Boss VE-2
Category
Music
License
Standard YouTube License

-------
Good Audio demos of Boss GP-10  with sections of direct audio straight from the Boss GP-10's Output Jacks (no ambient convention center sound)
In French - but worth watching

Same demo in English

And this demo

Elantric

This is the best Boss GP-10 Video yet - watch and see the GP-10 in Action,  - but watch Alex's use of both guitar mounted Controls on the GC-1 Strat, and the GP-10 CTL pedals 

Guitar extraordinaire, Alex Hutchings, shows us the features and sounds of the exciting new Boss GP10 Guitar Synth.

Smash

Good find.

Confirms to me there's no quantum shift in terms of tones to my ears at least but a good demo. Spectacular playing - obvious sounds - thumbs up for S1 chopping muting but woah! horrific pup buzz at precisely 11'06 when he didn't quite time the switch from Strat mags to GK.

Still impressive at the price point I think.

pmurray99

New Video:

Gundy Keller - with Boss GP-10 at 13:50 minutes in

Elantric

sixeight

Excellent video of Gundy Keller. Simpler but improved version of the VG99...hmmm, not convinced about that one yet. But great demo with great playing. Also the acoustic guitars seem improved, also on the new GT models.

oddguitar

Hmmm...I can't seem to view the Gundy Keller video...anyone else having this problem (it results as a private video).

-oddguitar

DeRigueur

Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

gumtown

Me too
This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Same here - too bad that one went private, as I thought it was the most comprehensive video revealing bulk of GP-10 features

Elantric

Elantric

sixeight

1:09 patch change. Sounds like less of a patch change gap than a GR-55 to me.

pedwards2932

Maybe it's just me but this reminds me of when Roland went from the GR33/30 to the GR20.  I did several gigs with the GR20 that I got with a guitar purchase and found that it lacked in many ways over my GR30.  They dumbed it down so much that I found it unusable.  There were plenty of sounds that I liked on the GR20 but it wasn't easy to change patches especially if a song involved several different patches.  I have a VG99 and a GR55 so I will have to really test this one out at a music store before I could pull the trigger on getting one.

Litesnsirens

I've decided I'm getting one, I figure it's a good device for use with my GC-1 guitars, but I could use it with any of my other guitars as well.  It's small and compact and would work great for situations where I don't want to bring my bigger rig.  I can use set list maker to pull up the patches I want despite the 2 up/down swtiches for navigating presets, I won't have a problem.  Looks like fun.

Elantric

QuoteI can use set list maker to pull up the patches I want despite the 2 up/down swtiches for navigating presets,

Assuming you are using the iPad version of SetlistMaker - How do you plan on accomplishing that?

Remember the "plot so far" is it appears the Boss GP-10 will probably NOT be USB Class Compliant, and  for any GP-10 remote control   beyond the Expression pedal, GTRL Jack, or Gk-3 S1, S2, GK-VOL - GP-10 users will be forced to use a PC/Mac running the proprietary GP-10 USB Driver and a suitable app for any remote patch change.

But I hope I'm wrong!

Litesnsirens

Yikes!! well fingers crossed then...

LinzHenderson

Elantric

Elantric

Elantric

link to Alex Hutchings Waghorn Guitar
http://www.waghornguitars.com/electric/ah6.php

Elantric

Elantric

arkieboy

Hmmmm - one of the synth sounds seemed to have portamento ...  interesting until we got to the metal sounds :-/

Might have to pick one of these up at some point[size=78%] [/size]
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4

Elantric

There should be far more real world initial user reviews for Boss GP-10 on  Youtube by next weekend - most GP-10's in USA at this hour are on a HWY in a UPS/FEDEX truck bouncing towards the early adopters.