How I controlled my VG99 on first live play (Thanks to you!!!!)

Started by pasha811, February 03, 2013, 01:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasha811

I have had my first play with the band as a test for an incoming gig.
Thanks to your suggestions it was great. In the end I have decided to control
VG99 via CTRL3 and CTRL4 pedals plus EV5 and S1/S2.

S1/S2 : Patch up/Down
GK Vol: Tone
C3 : Switch Channel A/B
C4 : Switch Solo Channel or Add Overdrive/Distortion or an FX (This might happen on both channels with different settings)
EV5 : Volume or Wah or Distortion On when pressed. (I am playing with Delay Time here... )

In this way I can have 2 different sounds in one patch with two variations for a total of 4 different sounds or 5 if EV5 is used as an additional switch.

VG99 was on the floor so I had the problem of feedback (being my pedals C3/C4 without a led).
And then came the idea... I used double assignment so that C1 mimics C3 and C2 mimics C4... so I have feeedback!

VG99 is a powerhouse. It was my first play with a band in years and I was astonished how simple is and how fast is to
edit on stage.
We were playing -1 STEP. I was using Alternate Tuning... and when making the singer more comfortable by movng up or down the chords I was only playing with Alternate Tuning without changing any position maintaining the 'original' feel of the song..especially in some arpeggios..

Thanks guys you were a big inspiration for me!
I love this forum!

:)

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

vanceg

Super!  I'm glad some of the comments from the forum could make you a little more comfortable as you start to integrate this amazing tool into your musical world!

aliensporebomb

Awesome!  Yeah, the 99 can do a lot - I still am amazed every time I play it because I keep discovering things.  It's not a one trick pony.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.