VG-88 - V-EDITOR 0.51 DEMO MOVIE

Started by billbax, July 02, 2012, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbax

Hi Everyone,

Perhaps some of you have already viewed my VG-88 V-Editor demo from 2005...maybe not.  I still think the VG-88 is a great piece of kit, and certainly would not give it up easily.  No breakout box plug/promo intended...well...maybe...only one day a week.

VG-88 + V-EDITOR 0.51

Thanks,

Bill

www.separate-strings.co.uk

Elantric

Kevin M

Just picked up a used VG88 and installed the editor this weekend!  Looking forward to finding some time to using the editor.

Elantric

Just be advised that V-Editor works ONLY with VG-88's that have already been updated to "Version 2.0 firmware.

Older VG-88 firmware had different features and data structure.

billbax

Hi Kmaus10,

Congratulations on the VG-88 8)  The VG-88 has excellent pickup models, body types and effects. Although I am a bit disappointed with the amps and cabs.  Saying that, I have a GR-55 and recently had to resort to using the VG-88 vari-guitar to 'nail' a particular tone and feel.

Elantric, thanks for the link with the V-Editor download...silly me I forgot.  Also you're right about the V2 update (I have the update files and service manual procedure). It's tricky stuff and I remember quite a few people got the VG-88 V2 update wrong.  Dead VG-88, back to Roland, and a bad experience alround.

Bill

thanhlamguitar

Hello! I'm a new member of VGuitar forums and I have a Roland VG-88 (Firmware V 1.0) Could you share me an upgrade file (Roland VG-88 V2)? Thank you so much!

billbax

Hi thanhlamguitar,

Ah the update from version 1 to version 2.  I have the files somewhere, although it's tricky stuff doing the update, and you might be better off having Roland do it.

I have the service manual and unless you are methodically minded, you might be heading for a dead VG-88. Wouldn't sleep easy knowing I've helped trash someone's gear.

Saying that, if you're made of sterner stuff and have some degree of methodology, then we can process.  Elantric, your important 2nd opinion please...cheers!

Bill

Kevin M

Quote from: billbax on November 17, 2012, 09:38:01 AM
Hi thanhlamguitar,

Ah the update from version 1 to version 2.  I have the files somewhere, although it's tricky stuff doing the update, and you might be better off having Roland do it.

I have the service manual and unless you are methodically minded, you might be heading for a dead VG-88. Wouldn't sleep easy knowing I've helped trash someone's gear.

Saying that, if you're made of sterner stuff and have some degree of methodology, then we can process.  Elantric, your important 2nd opinion please...cheers!

Bill

Elantric's opinion...

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=5250.0

Elantric

JohnPele

Chaps,

I've used the editors succesfully in the past. However, now that i try them all up or down loads fail ... guessing it's down to now using Windows 7 ... have tried compatability setting back to Win98 and Win95 still no joy.
Have you got any ideas how i can backup my VG88 and load new presets to it or a current VG88 Editor that works with Windows 7

Elantric

VMWare Player running Win XP Virtual Machine

Or old laptop running Win 98 - the original intended environment along with  a working MIDI Interface.

JohnPele

cheers for this .... VM seems a good idea

Kevin M

I've used the VG88 editor with Win7....seems to work just fine.

JohnPele

That's interesting and good to know ..... what version are you using and were did you download it ... perhaps mine's slightly different

thanks

Elantric

JohnPele

I'll give it a go .... appreciated ta

mignolyx

Please, dear Elantric,
a little help for me.
I got VG-88 V2
I'm trying to use the editor you had but (on Win 10 pc)
I decompress the zip file, let run the executable, it works for a session and then
it never starts again.

It happened since tonight and please, let me know if you got some solutions.
(i've tried every backward compatibility version in Win 10 but it doesn't works

admin

Quote from: mignolyx on October 28, 2021, 05:37:08 PM
Please, dear Elantric,
a little help for me.
I got VG-88 V2
I'm trying to use the editor you had but (on Win 10 pc)
I decompress the zip file, let run the executable, it works for a session and then
it never starts again.

It happened since tonight and please, let me know if you got some solutions.
(i've tried every backward compatibility version in Win 10 but it doesn't works

Im still on Win 8.1  - perhaps someone with Win10 can reply
Quote from: gumtown on October 29, 2021, 07:19:27 PM
Have you tried a "right click" on the app icon and select "Run as Administrator".

Also right click on the EXE file and see if you can run with "integrated graphics processor,  and not an NVIDIA

Also you will find "Troubleshoot compatibility" choice via a right click 

But mine runs fine using default settings, but run as Administrator on Win8.1 64 Version   6.3.9600 Build 9600

use a Roland UM-ONE MKII USB to 5 pin MIDi adapter