Don't know if this is the right place to post

does anyone have a patch for VG99 anything like this. Go to 2:19 on the clip

We are rehearsing it on Thursday and I am still learning the VG99

Thanks in advance

Steve

Piing

papabuss

Hi Steve
was just listening to this nice song. (Must admit it's the first time I hear it.)
But generally no problem to get this sound with the VG99. Use a Strat, Marshall Amp (as you see it in the video background) and of course the right delay settings. I added a LP on Channel 2.
I played along with this one. Tweak the delay settings if you like.
Have fun.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Shaker21

Only one thing to say Papabuss

WOW ;D

Ive just added some of my PRS Custom 24 57/08 in the mix and a little compressor

Thanks a lot

Steve

aliensporebomb

Glad you posted this - I'd heard something about them crowdsourcing their last couple of releases and letting certain people sit in on rehearsals.  What a cool idea! 

They sounded inspired - in fact I've rarely heard Rothery cut loose like that so I will definetely try the patch.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

papabuss

Quote from: Shaker21 on November 11, 2012, 05:51:55 AM
Only one thing to say Papabuss

WOW ;D

Ive just added some of my PRS Custom 24 57/08 in the mix and a little compressor

Thanks a lot

Steve

THX you like it. Perhaps Elantric (or another) can move the whole topic to VG 99 PATCHES --ROCK. Thank you.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

EdisonsChildren

Quote from: Shaker21 on November 10, 2012, 01:12:55 AM
Hi

Don't know if this is the right place to post

does anyone have a patch for VG99 anything like this. Go to 2:19 on the clip

We are rehearsing it on Thursday and I am still learning the VG99

[/url]

Don't know if you know this or not but Marillion side project Edison's Children has an album called "In The Last Waking Moments..." which co-insidentally spawned a Top 40 single in the U.S. Called A Million Miles Away.

The point is... the entire album was done with a Godin into a VG-99 (oh and Steve Rothery plays on that record along with everyone else in Marillion) including all acoustic guitars and 12 strings... all VG-99 patches. The album shows exactly how far a VG-99 can go.

http://www.edisonschildren.com if you are interested.

Piing

Quote from: EdisonsChildren on January 03, 2013, 08:31:00 PM
Don't know if you know this or not but Marillion side project Edison's Children has an album called "In The Last Waking Moments..." which co-insidentally spawned a Top 40 single in the U.S. Called A Million Miles Away.

The point is... the entire album was done with a Godin into a VG-99 (oh and Steve Rothery plays on that record along with everyone else in Marillion) including all acoustic guitars and 12 strings... all VG-99 patches. The album shows exactly how far a VG-99 can go.

http://www.edisonschildren.com if you are interested.

Thank you for the information! I didn't know about that project.